Did you know ageing gracefully is actually a thing? All thanks to anti ageing serums. When it comes to anti ageing products, serums are the key players. Now, we know we can’t possibly completely stop wrinkles and fine lines in their tracks. But with the help of face serums, we can definitely slow down their advances. If you're open to the idea of upgrading your skin care regimen, keep reading to learn all about anti-ageing face serums and the (many) reasons to use them.
Why Do We Need Anti-Ageing Serums?
Face serums are what you need in your skincare regime especially if you’re going down the anti ageing path. Anti-ageing serums are most effective due to the concentration of their ingredients. The active ingredients in the liquid penetrate the multiple layers of the skin faster and more efficiently than creams. And you know what the best thing is? They offer the most lightweight formula and give the most intensive results.
What To Look For In Your Anti-ageing Serum:
First step is to identify your skin’s needs and the second step is to look for these ingredients suited to your skin’s needs.
- Vitamin C— plays an essential role in boosting collagen synthesis and leaves your skin glowing to the gods!
- Hyaluronic Acid— Is a must in your anti-ageing serum as it binds moisture and keeps your skin plump and hydrated.
- Peptides—A high concentration of peptides in your serum will help stimulate the growth of collage resulting in greater skin strength and elasticity.
- Retinol/Vitamin A— They are the superstars of anti aging skin care products because of their ability to minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin E— This strong guy helps get rid of wrinkles, scars and additionally plumps up the skin.
- Niacinamide/Vitamin B3—This is a potent anti-aging ingredient that evens out the skin tone, clears fine lines and is the best solution for skin dullness.
Okay, What’s So Great About Anti-ageing Serums?
An anti ageing serum is a must have in your drawer because:
- It helps with skin tightening and hydration: Signs of ageing include loss of skin firmness and elasticity and lots of dried up skin. Change that, now. Make an anti ageing serum part of your skin care regime.
- Makes your skin glow: Anti ageing serums reduce the visible symptoms of ageing such as lines and wrinkles. And you’re telling us you don’t want that?
- Prevents age spots and discoloration: Anti ageing serums come with antioxidants such as vitamins E and C, which fight against damaging cells in your skin
- It can also exfoliate the skin: Anti ageing serums that contain Salicylic acid, a chemical exfoliant that penetrates deep within the skin and mildly exfoliates to refine the pores and skin texture.
- Sis, it makes you confident! This has a domino effect on your overall health and it really shows.
Don’t worry! Even if your skin is oily, dry, or normal, there is an anti-ageing serum out there for you! Start using anti-ageing serums from your early 30s and, those of you in your late twenties, you too, because the sooner, the better.